Alpha Code Names RainFin One of South Africa’s Top Ten Fintech Start-Ups You Should Know AboutJun 13, 2016 RainFin In the news RainFin , SME
SME South Africa, an online publication featuring daily stories on SA’s SMEs and entrepreneurs, recently published a guide to some of the best start-up talent in SA’s hubs, incubators and accelerators. It is said in the article that some of the most exciting start-up talent and early-stage businesses lie within the incubator/accelerator ecosystem.
One of the programmes in this ecosystem is a collaborative club for financial services entrepreneurs called Alpha Code – launched earlier this year by the founders of Rand Merchant Investment Holdings with the hope to support and identify an investment pipeline of disruptive, scalable fintech businesses. They already have 700 members and the article features the cream of the crop – start-ups that are generating excitement with their offerings and are worth keeping an eye on.
- Snapscan is a mobile payment application that simplifies the payment process for both customers and merchants. It allows users to pay for goods and services with their phones, and helps merchants accept fast, efficient and affordable card payments on the go.
- RainFin, South Africa’s first and leading credit marketplace, which connects borrowers and lenders. RainFin’s efficient digital platform is pioneering a solution which leverages cash-flow principals as the primary lending driver, as opposed to traditional collateral or security based lending.
- Zoona develops a fintech platform which enables emerging entrepreneurs to provide mobile money services to unbanked or underbanked consumers across Africa.
- Entersekt authentication solutions make the online world a safer place to bank and shop. Simple, intuitive, safe consumer authentications systems built to restore the bond of trust banks and other enterprises share with their customers.
- TaxTime is a digital tax assistant who helps you complete and submit your tax return quickly and easily by asking you simple questions in a conversational manner.
- WiGroup is a platform provider specialising in point-of-sale integrated mobile transacting. The business builds and enables mobile transaction solutions that allow consumers and businesses to transact and interact in a swift, secure and convenient manner, using their mobile phones.
- Yoco is an easy way for SMEs in South Africa to securely accept card payments at the store or on the go.
- Electrum, builds software that represents the next generation of payments technology. Retailers, banks, and money transfer firms trust their software to accept payments, send remittances, and provide value added Service to their customers.
- iKhokha is a cheap payment device that transforms mobile phones into a secure mobile Point of Sale (mPOS) to help SMEs process debit and credit cards, cash and mobile payments cheaply, easily and safely.
- Isazi Consulting plans to solve South Africa’s toughest problems using data science which uses machine learning (artificial intelligence) and optimisation. It provides some of the brightest minds on the continent to compete globally with analytics giants in places like Silicon Valley and Israel to add value to its customers.
Click here to read the full article.