Key Approaches for Financial InclusionMar 2, 2017 Blog Disruption , Financial Inclusion
The World Bank is constantly brain storming on ways to improve financial inclusion. They have come up with eight approaches to accelerate financial inclusion.
- Foster a diversity of financial institutions
- Facilitate the use of innovative technologies and entry of technology-driven, non-traditional institutions.
- Expand agent-based banking and other cost-effective delivery channels.
- Invest in supervision and leverage technology to optimize limited resources
- Implement risk-based, tiered AML/CFT requirements.
- Encourage the development of low-cost, innovative financial products.
- Strengthen financial infrastructure.
- Protect consumers by establishing rules for disclosure, fair treatment, and recourse
They have stated that this list is a general guide for what is impactful in most countries.
You can read the full article here.
Featured image: carolinejohn1998 via Flickr (CC 2.0, resized)